Hi there , I’m so glad you’re here in the Diet Free Zone.
I help women to personalize ingenious ways of working healthy eating into their busy lifestyles in a way that is sustainable and feels luxurious.
The Diet Free Zone grew out of my personal rebellion against the diet, exercise and weight loss industrial complex and its irrational and sabotaging hold it has over us. Also I feel the need to address the rampant type 2 diabetes and lifestyle disease threats to the community of African American women.
I’m here to prove to you that staying healthy has nothing to do with one-size-fits-all diets and arbitrary food rules that have no basis in science or reality. It’s about relieving the stress around food and discovering what works for your individual body, tastes, and lifestyle.
Because you can’t have all that pill poppin’, finger pokin’, food analyzin’ low energy, aches and pains havin’, and thinking you look a hot mess in your favorite outfit that goes along with a potential diabetes diagnosis.
You may know some healthy eating basics, glean a little from a magazine here, a little from a book or some tv show there, but these little disjointed and usually conflicting bits and pieces just don’t add up.
Plus, there’s not much out there to help those of us who want to get healthy but are not preoccupied with wearing size zero, not chasing skinniness (because they’ve confused it with beauty), or 55 years old trying re-live the high school days.
So, we don’t do diets and workout plans. Instead, we focus on quality of life.
We work to:
- Permanently repair your relationship with food so you’ll never struggle again
- Identify and banish (once and for all) trendy diet plans, outdated health myths and government propaganda that have kept us fat and unhealthy all this time
- Find time to raise your standard of self care to the level you need to get and stay healthy
- Adjust your palate to appreciate whole, real delicious foods with fresh, exciting ideas and recipes
- Get the skills, organization and tools you need to efficiently prepare real, whole delicious foods from scratch every day even if you work full time
- NEVER restrict, deprive yourself of foods you love again
- Stop wasting time on boring, painful and grueling workouts and start moving your body naturally
It’s not too good to be true, and it’s much easier than you think!
It’s no magical system, not a gimmick, and doesn’t work overnight. There are no shakes, juice cleanses, pre-packaged meals, counting calories or points, body shaming or measuring anything. I will never give you applesauce and tell you it’s butter (which is like peeing on your leg and telling you it’s raining) or give you some trumped-up diet plan cleverly disguised as a “lifestyle change”.
Like what you see? Subscribe!
Join my newsletter community and get exclusive, FREE email coaching, resources, recipes and inspiration to help you incorporate healthy eating into YOUR lifestyle, plus a mini course to get you started.